Do you live in an area where the hardness of water is on the higher side? If yes is your answer, it can probably show an adverse effect on your washing machine and your clothes. Hard water gets its hardness from dissolved minerals or salts, and it mainly contains a higher amount of calcium and magnesium.
These mineral salts can cause the limescale build-up inside the washing machine, and ultimately it reduces the life of your washing machine. Not only this but, it isn’t appropriate for your clothes as well because when hard water comes in contact with detergents, then it usually creates the residue film on clothes. Therefore, your clothes look dull and stiff even after washing multiple times, and you generally curse your washing machine for it.
Best Washing Machine Filter Reviews For 2022
Next, we have the PURIFIT Washing Machine Filter on our list that uses a different kind of water filtering substance to offer incredible results to soften hard water. But before anything else, we want to let you know that this particular option will also cost you a bit high compared to other filters on this list
And in our view, this will be a full worth investment; we are saying this because it’ll surprise you with its impressive ability to purify and eliminate impurities from water. So, here you’ll get one washing filter, two silicone rings, and one tape out of the box.
- Same as the previous option, this one’s cartridge would also last more than six months for the top load washing machine, and for the front load one, it is a nine-month life span.
- Because of the polyphosphate crystals, you can expect a better purifying experience from this washing machine filter.
- The PURIFIT manufacturer claims that this washing machine filter also helps remove the old accumulated mineral salts and crystal build-ups.
- None so far
Going down to the next spot, this time, we got something affordable and highly aggressive towards hard water. So, on the third spot of our list, we have decided to include the Watamate Softo S4 Washing Machine Filter. There are two biggest highlights present in this filter; the first one is about its filtration process.
According to the Watamate manufacturers, this filter comes with multi-stage or multi-level filtration. But the main part is the crystalline balls present inside the cartridge that catches or eliminates the impurities out of water that you use for washing clothes.
- The cartridge’s ultra sieve microfiltration system helps filter the microparticles like silt and dirt out of the water.
- This filter automatically increases washing performance by preventing the crystallization of mineral salts and limescale.
- Seamless water flow is another biggest highlight of this washing machine filter that provides a continuous water supply without lowering water pressure.
- None so far
Now it is time to introduce some of the most affordable range of washing machine filters to all the readers of this post. On the fourth spot, we have decided to add the WaterScience Washing Machine FIlter, which won’t cost you more than a thousand rupees. The best part about this particular washing machine filter is its compatibility.
- This washing machine filter offers excellent efficiency and incredible filtering performance at this type of affordable price point, which is not an ordinary thing.
- Because of this filter’s compatibility with almost all the washing machines, you can buy it without hesitation.
- This filter’s overall build quality is pretty solid because manufacturers have provided the top quality of plastic material.
- Some users complained about the leakage issues after fitting this filter on the water inlet.
Usually, the detergent doesn’t make more foam with hard water, and ultimately it indicates that the detergent is not dissolving in water properly. And as a result, you’ll get a low washing performance from your washing machine, but it is not the washing machine’s fault.
So, if you want to fix this issue without investing in premium quality and a higher-priced water softener or water filter, then you should take a look at this particular option on our list. On the fifth spot on our list, we have decided to come up with something that doesn’t cost way high and offers excellent performance.
- It works like a typical water softener and reduces the number of mineral salts such as calcium and magnesium in water, ultimately preventing the machine’s limescale formation.
- It works perfectly with almost all the types of washing machines present in the market right now; you need to fit it on the water inlet section.
- If you usually see residue issues after washing your clothes, you can prevent residue build-ups by using this washing machine filter.
- Some users complained that the impact of this water softener starts reducing after a certain time.
Wellon Washing Machine Filter takes the next place on our list, and there are some of the solid reasons we have included this specific filter on our list. The primary reason is its matchless compatibility; you can fit and use this water filter anywhere you want. You need to think about the perfect fitting, and that’s it; you are good to go.
- The next level of compatibility or connectivity seems the right option for using multiple things in a house.
- This budget-friendly option not only reduces the salt content and mineral content of water, but also it can eliminate the contaminants as well as the harmful chemicals.
- The high-quality plastic construction doesn’t give a cheap look to it, but yeah, it can easily last longer than you think only because of this good quality plastic material.
- Many users reported that this washing machine filter starts leakage sometimes.
How To Choose The Best Washing Machine Filter
Are you still feeling unable to come up with a solid buying decision regarding a washing machine filter? If yes is your answer, then congrats, this whole in-depth buying guide is going to be all about you.
It’s because here we will list some of the highly essential points, and you shouldn’t make the mistake to ignore these points before choosing any water filter for the washing machine. And it is a guarantee that after reading this whole buying guide till the end, you’ll be able to make a solid and confident decision.
Water Filtration Performance
If you are reading this post from the beginning, then you may know we have already listed this type of filter on our list. You can make a buying decision in favor of those filters, otherwise don’t worry, this guide will lead you towards the perfect one as per your needs. However, if you want to save money, then for sure, you can go with the standard multi-stage filtration option or the activated charcoal one.
But we suggest that you should look for a filter that at least shows compatibility with both automatic and semi-automatic washing machines and with both top load and front load variants. However, the compatibility of these filters is not only limited to washing machines but there are also some options present in the market that can work amazingly well with different kinds of machines such as dishwashers and other appliances that requires a water inlet.
Cartridge Life Span
We suggest that you should go with an option that comes with a refillable cartridge that at least comes with a nine-month life span for front load washing machines and six months of life span for top load washing machines. Thankfully on this post, we have added a list of some best washing machine water filters, and guess what, almost all of them offer an impressive cartridge life span.
And if you feel confused in this particular section, don’t worry; we have already done a lot of homework for you. Actually, this post only contains the water filters that come with the only single-piece body, and they don’t even require any special installation tool at all.
Flow of Water
Therefore on this list, we have added some of the special water filters that offer incredible filtration performance, and the best part is that you won’t get the low water flow or pressure issue with those filter options.
We are saying this because, in this post, we have added a list of some best water filters that come under a pocket-friendly budget, and the best part is that you don’t even need to compromise with any major feature at all.
We know how hard it is to find the right type of water filter for washing machines, but it isn’t something impossible. If you are the person who is feeling or facing too many difficulties in selecting the best option out of tons of different filters, then this whole post was all about you. To present this post in front of all readers, we have conducted in-depth research to find and list some best water filters for washing machines that you can buy right away.